Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today kinda rocked

Today was the first day back after Spring Break. It was kinda a drag having to get up and be at Chemistry class at 8am right after the clocks moved forward an hour. Especially since I woke up at 4:30am and could not get back to sleep. But I will be going to bed early tonight. *casts an evil look at the HB, who might have other ideas like watching Hulu til all hours*

The week before the break, all of my professors thought it would be really cool to have a test and then not get the grades until we got back. So my Chemistry test went well, I made an 84. MUCH better than the first test. Yes, I've softened a bit, not that I WANT a B in Chemistry, but it's definitely an improvement over what I made the first time. It can only get better. The Pre-calculus test came back with a 95 on it. YES! And Statistics finished it out with a nice round 104, and I was very happy. My Spanish test was today, and I think it went well. We had to record ourselves on the computer, and our teacher asked us to describe a friend or family member, and also to provide directional terms for items in the computer lab. It went smoothly and I think I did OK. We don't have tests in English, we just have to write papers. I get the grade for the last paper back tomorrow hopefully. And I took a midterm in Chemistry lab before the break that I'm hoping I get news on tomorrow as well.

Let's talk about English. Specifically my professor. He is a really nice guy, but I'm really afraid for him sometimes. He came to class the second week with two different shoes on. The next week he forgot to button the top couple of buttons on his jeans and his shirt was off by a button. Then a couple of weeks later he canceled class. He came the next class with a black eye and a bandage on his hand. He said his wife was having a nightmare and kicked him out of bed and he fell and hurt himself. Really? Then a couple of weeks later he comes in and his foot and leg are seriously bruised. And I mean black and blue. He said he fell off a ladder. He found out the next day that he had broken his foot and leg in several places and that his rotator cuff was torn. He had to have surgery on the foot and may need surgery on the shoulder later. Either this man is incredibly unlucky, or someone is beating on him. The last time we were supposed to have class his wife showed up and said he had a stomach virus and handed out our papers and sent us home. Seriously, I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. I can't imagine what he could do next!

***Well I started this post on Monday and forgot to put it up, so I'm posting it today. I can add that my Chemistry lab professor did not have our tests graded from before the break, so I won't know anything until next Tuesday. GRRR!  And English class is in an hour and a half, we'll see what kind of drama happens this time.***

No comments:

Post a Comment